7.09.2009

whaddya think?


Here's SK with his Godfather.
One of the masters in the field of SEO/Blogging
Mr. Benj Arriola

As Sean Kirk's dad, I'm raving to promote this website of SK. Not because of anything, but purely because I'm proud of it. Since the saying "you just can't please anybody" I got this as an opinion from one member of the blogosphere:

Hmmm.. I feel that this is 'kinda' exploiting the child just to gain some attention. Maybe it would be better if it would be incorporated on the blog of this child's parents. I know there are a lot of blogs like this out there but in a way, 'the child is being used here for monetary purposes' (because ads are all over the site and there's a donate button).

Just an opinion. Never the less, it would still be up to the parents view if this is not an 'exploitation' just like the way I see it.
From which my reply was:

Thanks for your opinion Sir, and I'm sorry that you see it that way. I just want my kid - Sean Kirk to be like us (bloggers). Not right now but when the time he can develop and assume his blog all by himself, he would be surprised its already established. Similar to SEO style or Name Building. Having a popular name has its edge isn't it? I was actually aiming for seankirk.com but unfortunately it was taken already.

As for the ads. Yes it has ads all-over the site. Its because its an adsense blog template for blogspot. And for the donate button, I think its only been there for 3 days? How I wish someone would donate hehe. Sean Kirk would be happy for sure!

You may also notice that there isn't any links to us parents. Its because we want it that way. For the blog to be on his own. Well he can put us anytime on his blogroll when the time comes. Have a nice day.
Whaddya think?


Note: the pic was taken at Ever Gotesco hee hee!

2 comments:

hannah said...

ayt my opinion!
i dont thnk theres an exploitation or whatever here, coz i even post the pic of my son in my own personal blog, my son even have his own blog too, but ofcourse ako nagsusulat. hmmm i think if pinopost ang pic ng isang bata na may sakit and you have to donate or something and walang proof i think yun yung exploitation.as long as di naman binebenta yung bata let it be hahaha.. hay nku kidding aside, the child is cute! so what??? wala naman dpat maging issue! unless ikaw si google! :))
naku trulalu at walang halong eklabu lang po!

ZenkX said...

Yep, I agree. It's not exploitation.

Any parent would be proud to share their kid's achievements to the world (me included once I have children XD). What's more, I think it's kind of refreshing to have someone create a blog about a child's experiences growing up. Everything nowadays is all about technology and politics and whatnot. So it's pretty fun that someone would make something to show people what it's like growing up again.

And I'm sure that when Sean Kirk has grown up and can type, he would be the one filling these pages. XD

I also agree with what Hannah said... websites (or those tin cans you see at supermarkets) that have pictures of kids who are "supposedly" sick (but have no real proof that they are) and asking people to donate for their "supposedly sky-high medical bills"... now THAT is exploitation.

Besides, Sean is so cute! Who wouldn't want to share pictures like these to the world, man?!